- Members of the ULiège community (students and staff)
- anyone outside of the ULiège community (adults)
- ULiège alumni
This course corresponds to the B2/C1 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), and its target audience is Master's students, PhD students and researchers working in an academic context or in the private sector and who often have to present their research results in English, either orally or in writing. This course will mostly aim at improving the oral and written active language skills of the learners.
This course will allow learners to:
- present their research orally using an appropriate level and register and with the correct pronunciation;
- spontaneously take part in debates on scientific subjects and answer questions about their own research;
- describe their research results in writing in a precise, nuanced and articulate manner, using a style appropriate to the scientific discourse;
- efficiently use the various online tools favouring learners’ autonomy.
- 25 two-hour classes
- From the beginning of October 2020 to the beginning of May 2021
- Thursday, 18.00 to 20.00, Sart Tilman (room to be determined)
- preparation work before classes
NB: the course will only be organized if enough students register.
- 300 € for people outside the ULiège community
- 270 € for alumni with an active ID number and whose last degree was obtained before 2017.
- 100 € for members of the ULiège community, and for alumni with an active ID number and whose last degree was obtained in 2017 or after.
Please read the following CAREFULLY:
- The registration fee must be paid before October 1, otherwise you won’t be allowed to take the course. Please pay to:
|IBAN: BE77 3401 5004 9742 - BIC : BBRUBEBB
Beneficiary: Patrimoine Université de Liège - ISLV, Rue de Pitteurs, 20, B-4020 LIEGE
Bank: ING Opéra - Rue Clémenceau 11-15, B-4000 LIEGE
Communication : SURNAME and first name of the student + language and level of the course
- Should the course not be organised because of an insufficient number of students, you’ll be refunded in October.
- A refund is possible only if you cancel your participation before the second week of the course.